Lessons To Learn From The Fall Of Rome
In comparing the downfall of the Roman Empire to present-day America, it is essential to understand that Rome had a significant influence in shaping human history. It has left us with signs of their greatness and failure due to the lack of Spiritual guidance. While many view these documents as historical references, we should also view them as lessons for us today. We must take seriously the urgency to return to a place of Grace, Love, and Respect for our fellow man if we are to avoid a similar fate.
The Bible is filled with wisdom concerning how we should live and ensure that our Society progresses rather than declines. Here we will look at ten Biblical principles to create a recovery strategy for present-day America.
1) Repentance: “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: "Repent, turn away from your idols, and turn your faces away from all your abominations."'” – Ezekiel 14:6
2) Fellowship: “And let us consider one another to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.” – Hebrews 10:24-25
3) Unity: “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brethren to dwell together in unity!” – Psalm 133:1
4) Righteousness: “He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?” – Micah 6:8
5) Charity: “Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.” - 1 John 3:18
6) Compassion: “But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?” – 1 John 3:17
7) Honesty: “Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.” – Ephesians 4:25
8) Faith: “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” – Hebrews 11:1
9) Humility: “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.” – 1 Peter 5:6
10) Love: “But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.” – Colossians 3:14
These are just a few Biblical principles that can create a recovery strategy for present-day America. When we live by God's Word, we put forth our best effort to create a lasting and prosperous society. As members of this great nation, it is essential that we take seriously the urgency of returning to Grace before it is too late. Let us strive to apply these principles in our everyday lives and become beacons of light and hope to our fellow citizens.
Heavenly Father, we come before You humbly asking for Your guidance and protection. Based on Your principles and teachings, we recognize the urgency to restore our nation to its former greatness. Help us again remember who we are as a nation, that we may be a beacon of light and hope to all. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.