I am here to talk about the most important message we will ever hear: E V A N G E L I S M! We are here today to discuss the dire importance of spreading the Gospel and how we must do so.
To understand why Evangelism is vital for us as Christians, I searched some of Billy Graham's most successful Evangelistic sermons (which were all of them). But, in full disclosure, His words have inspired this message today.
For those who may not know, Billy Graham was an American Evangelical Christian minister and Evangelist whose triumphant sermons reached millions worldwide. Three of his most successful messages on Evangelism were:
1) “People never come to Jesus Christ until they hear someone tell them about Him.”
2) “The only way to God is through Jesus Christ.”
3) “If we earnestly desire the Salvation of souls, then there must be a corresponding effort on our part to see it accomplished.”
These profound words reflect what we as Christians should strive for: Sincerity, Urgency, and Surrender;
Sincerity in that we must earnestly want to share the Gospel with others.
Urgency in that we recognize how precious each moment is and how easily it can slip away if we do not act quickly enough.
And finally, Surrender - when faced with a daunting task such as evangelism, it is only through surrendering ourselves to God that we can indeed be successful.
We must remember that Jesus calls us to share His message with others, and we must do so. Therefore, this 5-point sermon on Evangelism has been crafted in this Spirit:
1) Believe - We must believe firmly in the power of the Gospel and how it can transform lives.
2) Connect - It is essential to form meaningful connections with those who are lost so they can come to a deeper understanding of God's will for them.
3) Commit - Once we have formed a strong relationship, we must commit ourselves fully to sharing the love of Christ with those around us.
4) Reap - With perseverance comes reward, and through our faithfulness, we will reap the rewards of our efforts.
5) Sow - We must continue to spread God's Word and sow seeds of Truth wherever possible.
It is only through the power of prayer that these five steps can be achieved, and it is with this in mind that I now invite you all to pray:
"Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for Your unfailing Love and Grace. Help us to share Your Good News with those around us sincerely. Give us Courage, Strength, and Wisdom as we seek to bring others closer to You. May our words be compassionate and understanding so that all may come to accept Your gift of Salvation. In Jesus' name, we pray, Amen."
Let us now, in unison, declare the Sinner's Prayer:
"Heavenly Father, I come to You in the name of Jesus. Your Word says that we will be saved if we Believe in our Hearts, and Confess with our Mouths, that Jesus is Lord. Right now, I affirm my faith in You and confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord. With my heart, I believe that God raised Him from the dead. This moment I make Jesus the Lord of my life and thank You for forgiving me of all my sins through His blood on The Cross. Amen."
We must never forget what Scripture tells us:
“Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.” - Mark 16:15
Only through our willingness to Evangelize can we make a difference in the lives of others. So may we have the courage and strength to heed God's call and continue sharing His Word with the lost around us. Amen!