Do you ever feel like all of life's decisions can be overwhelming? Determining which way to turn and how best to proceed seems challenging. But the good news is that we serve a loving God who has provided us with clear instructions for living - through His Word, the Bible.
One of the most important truths we learn from Scripture is that The Holy Spirit guides us daily. In today’s Sermon, I explore some select Scriptures on being led by The Holy Spirit so that, as children of God, we may have complete confidence in following His lead as He reveals His will and plan for each of our lives.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 - "He has made everything beautiful in its time."
*Our paths and calendars may appear to be a confounding mix of randomness and circumstances that leave us confused or overwhelmed as we go through life. But Ecclesiastes 3:11 assures us that God has not left us in the dark—He has made all things beautiful in His own time. He invites us to trust Him as He takes us on a journey and leads us by His Holy Spirit.
This Sermon will remind us of His eternal presence even in seeming chaos and equip us with the confidence that He is at work and will bring beauty out of our waiting.
Romans 8:14 - “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.”
* Romans 8:14 helps us to understand that as believers in God, we can be led by His Holy Spirit. We don't" have to go through our day full of uncertainty and anxiety, wondering how to bring glory to God; instead, He guides us every step. Through prayer, studying Scripture, and connecting with other believers, we can discover how The Holy Spirit is leading us and listen for His still, small voice directing our lives. As we make this conscious effort to follow the leadings of The Holy Spirit and not just our desires, we can experience true freedom as children of God.
Galatians 5-18 - "But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law."
* The words of Galatians 5-18 remind us of how much we are truly blessed with when it comes to the grace that has been bestowed upon us. To be led by the Holy Spirit is a gift, an opportunity to take in all that the Lord has that He wishes to share with us. As believers, accepting His leadership grants us access to greater spiritual insight and guidance in our life journey and points us toward righteousness through His perfect will. May we continually open our hearts and minds to lovingly be guided by His Spirit, regardless of circumstance or difficulty.
Ephesians 2-10 - "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works."
* Ephesians 2:10, we are reminded of the beautiful design of our lives and how meaningful our work is. We have been created in Christ Jesus to do good results — and this does not go unnoticed by the Lord! We are privileged to be led by The Holy Spirit, who orders our steps and guides us in every decision. Though life can often be difficult, with angst and hesitation on which direction we should take next, God is always there to provide comfort and reassurance that He will lead us down the right path. Our prayer should always be that our hearts may surrender to His guidance as He leads us into a life full of purpose and contentment.
Psalm 43-3 - "O send out thy light and thy truth; let them lead me"
Will we follow the momentary passions of our hearts, or will we trust in the Lord's divine wisdom for guidance? For many of us, coming to terms with this life decision can be complex and confusing – but biblical context provides us with practical teachings that make it easier to discern the path.
* In Psalm 43-3, we see that God is asking us to strive for His heavenly light and truth - so as a part of our constant spiritual journey, why not let them lead you on your way? Our savior has blessed us with a spirit-filled life, and being led by it brings hope, comfort, peace, and joy in uncertain times. So let us accept His generous offer with an open mind and heart – remembering He always has our loving best interests at heart!
Isaiah 48-17 - "Thus saith The Lord, thy Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel; I am The Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go,"
* We all need a leader who can show us the way and be there for guidance. God, our Redeemer, our Holy One of Israel, is that leader. Just as Isaiah 48-17 promises us, He does more than teach us - He leads us. With the help of His Holy Spirit, we can trust in Him to orient us toward the path that will most benefit us. After all, we can reach great heights with God's love and guidance. We have to open ourselves up to letting Him lead.
By recognizing and following The Lord's prompting, we can all be led by the Holy Spirit. How He leads us is always perfect and made beautiful in His timing. When we follow the Lord, He will guide us on our journey. With the strength to do His works and faith in His redemptive power, we can use His light and truth to direct our paths.
As discussed in:
Psalm 43-3, and
— may we all live lives under The Lord's loving guidance and be open to the blessings of a life free from sin. Lead by The Holy Spirit for a life filled with purpose!