Since God's Word is the ultimate guide for how we should live and believe, it's the only resource you should turn to for guidance. It offers hope, instructs you how to act (in your thoughts, speech, and actions), equips you for doing good, and helps cultivate a servant's heart that reflects Christ's own.
### Breakdown by Scripture
1. **Psalm 19:7-11**
- **Original**: Talks about the law of the Lord being perfect, trustworthy, and enlightening, providing wisdom and great reward.
- **Rephrase**: God's laws are flawless and reliable; they offer enlightenment and wisdom, promising tremendous rewards for those who follow them.
2. **Proverbs 30:5-6**
- **Original**: Every word of God is flawless and a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to His words.
- **Rephrase**: Each word from God is impeccable and acts as a protective shield for those who rely on Him. Don't alter or add to what He has said.
3. **Colossians 2:8**
- **Original**: Be cautious so that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy based on human traditions and elemental forces rather than on Christ.
- **Rephrase**: Be vigilant so you're not misled by empty or deceitful worldly thinking that doesn't align with Christ's teachings.
4. **II Timothy 3:16-17**
- **Original**: All Scripture is God-breathed and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness so that the person of God may be fully equipped for every good work.
- **Rephrase**: The Bible comes directly from God and serves multiple purposes: educating, admonishing, correcting, and guiding us to live righteously. This equips us to accomplish all kinds of good deeds.
5. **Hebrews 4:12**
- **Original**: The word of God is alive and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
- **Rephrase**: God's Word is a living force, sharper than any weapon, capable of delving deep into our being and evaluating our thoughts and feelings.
6. **II Peter 1:2-4**
- **Original**: Grace and peace multiply through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. His divine power has granted us everything required for life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him.
- **Rephrase**: The more we know about God and Jesus, the more grace and peace we experience. His divine power grants us everything we need for a godly life.
7. **II Corinthians 3:5-6**
- **Original**: Our adequacy comes from God, who has made us competent ministers of a new covenant.
- **Rephrase**: We are capable and adequate only because of God, who has equipped us to be effective servants under the new covenant.
8. **Philippians 2:5-8**
- **Original**: Emphasizes having the same mindset as Christ, who took on the nature of a servant and humbled Himself.
- **Rephrase**: Aim to think and act like Christ, who chose to be a servant and demonstrated ultimate humility.
I hope this breakdown is helpful to you!